Dallas Morning News, May 19, 1891. Rockdale, Tex., May 18. -- Fire was discovered at 2:30 this morning in the brick building on Main street occupied by J.C. Douglass for groceries and restaurant. By hard and prompt work the building was saved, considerably damaged, and the effects of Douglass rendered worthless. The building belongs to the Lasker real estate association; not known to be insured. Douglass carried $600 in stock and $400 on furniture and fixtures.