Sunday, June 14, 2015

1875 :: Name Change



On June 14, 1875, the city council, under the guidance of the first mayor, Alfred A. Burck, passed an ordinance changing the name of the town of Rockdale to the City of Rockdale, in accordance with the town's increase in population and corresponding legislative act regarding the incorporation of cities of one thousand or more inhabitants.


A History of Rockdale, Texas 1874-1974





No comments:

Post a Comment