Nov 12th 1894.-
Ever remember Your Afectionate-
This above all. To thy self
be true, and it must follow
as the night the day
Though canst not then be false
to any man.
- Berta is Berta Mary Sharp (1872-1955) who married Edgar Henry.
- S.H. Sharp is Sam Houston Sharp, Jr. (1867-1921), who married Edgar's twin sister, Emma.
- Berta and Sam are two of the six children of Sam & Nellie (LeMaire) Sharp who are spoken of throughout The Journal.
- L.O. Stewart is the son of Margaret (Sharp) Hall (aka the little woman in The Journal) and her second husband, Frank Stewart.
- Sam, Sr. and Margaret are the only children of John and Mahala (Roberts) Sharp.
- Following John Sharp's death, Mahala married J.J. Hall, who is the father of James Madison Hall.
- J.M. Hall, the step-brother of Sam and Margaret, is also Margaret's first husband.