Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

1932 :: Fruit Jar Explosions

Two Rockdale women were quite severely scalded last week by the explosion of glass fruit jars while engaged in canning vegetables in a pressure cooker. Mrs. Ben Fiesler was burned Saturday, and also received a painful wound under the chin from the flying glass. The day previous, Mrs. Bud Caywood suffered a similar accident, when the top blew off of a jar just taken from the cooker. While both ladies received painful burns, their injuries were not serious. Rockdale Reporter and Messenger, July 14, 1932

No comments:

Post a Comment