Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2015

1893 :: Matches in a Gin

Rockdale, Tex., Oct. 17. -- In attempting to gin seed cotton suspected of having matches in it a fire was started in Rexford Wells' gin house here. As every preparation had been made for an emergency the fire was promptly extinguished by the gin house hands without material loss. This demonstrates the oft mooted question that matches in cotton going through a gin will start a fire. Galveston Daily News, October 18, 1893

No comments:

Post a Comment