Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 10, 2014

1896 :: Keeping Batch



To Correspondents -- When writing a letter to this department, first give your full name, postoffice and state. Use pen and ink, on smooth paper, not larger than note size. Write only on one side of the paper and do not sew, paste or pin the sheets together. These rules must be observed to insure publication.


RUSH WITCHER, Rockdale, Tex. -- Mr. Big Hat and cousins: I have been reading the Cozy Corner and think it very interesting. I live eight miles from Rockdale, in the black land. I have not been in Texas long. My home is in Mississippi. My brother, myself and a friend are "keeping batch." We do our own cooking. We hunt and fish some and live very happy. But we are not old batchelors. We do not aim to keep batch always. My friend is a subscriber to your paper. I like it very much. My age is 17 years. Galveston Daily News, May 10, 1896

No comments:

Post a Comment